There are times in life that lead us to moments of confusion, where we feel stuck, at a crossroads, facing an overwhelming decision, or perhaps the loss of a home, loved one, job, or relationship. The times when we feel most alone or unable to connect, become key moments of transformation with an empathetic guide by your side.
My philosophy is that our childhood and many life experiences since then shape our behavior, thus influencing all of our world. Once we connect our emotions and behavior (what we do knowingly and unknowingly), and our physical reactions we can begin to understand how things around us are influenced, how reactions to those behaviors might be making us feel lost, confused, angry, sad, or otherwise imbalanced.
I strive to help remove barriers that prevent people from living as fully and richly as possible, increasing enjoyment of life through improved relationships, better self-care, and more satisfying overall functioning. Working to heal long standing patterns of emotional pain frees one to live more happily right now.
A client’s motivation to find what is behind difficult feelings or behaviors is monumental for successful therapy, as is each person’s dedication to take responsibility for deciding and guiding his/her life. A trusting relationship between therapist and client is at the heart of therapy, and through this relationship, impressive results will happen. The client and therapist each need to feel like the match is a good one, therefore an initial assessment period of a few sessions should be accounted for. I look forward to sharing this process with you.
Katja Křížková has a degree in Psychology from the University of George Mason in Virginia and is a European certified Integrative Psychotherapist Her additional training includes Crisis intervention, Dream work, Trauma therapy among others. She is part of a working group for ČAP (Czech association of psychotherapy). She has cross cultural experience as a TCK having lived in Africa (5 years), the United States (17 years), Asia (4 years) and Europe (29 years). She has been practicing joga for the past ten years. She is fluent in English and Czech, and understands Slovak at an advanced level.
Integrative therapy is a combined approach to psychotherapy that combines various elements of specific therapies. Integrative therapists believe that there is no single approach that can treat each client in all situations.
From my viewpoint, Integrative Psychotherapy means taking risks, moving out of your comfort zone, going deep inside yourself as well as far into the larger global community. It is a humanistic and existential approach which addresses both immediate and ultimate concerns of living.
Integrative Psychotherapy can help you break outmoded habits that may have interfered with enjoying your life and the world around you. Being mindful, you can learn from the past, uncover cast off parts of yourself and work through difficult challenges, and unproductive patterns of thinking and behavior in present day life. Using a variety of complementary techniques–you can learn to undo long-standing, maladaptive behaviors or negative perceptions that stand in the way of a more rich and meaningful life.
Whether it’s overcoming depression or overcoming anxiety ; coping with adapting; intercultural issues and TCK support ;LBGTQ issues; health issues; coping with loss; going to college; or moving beyond a set of traumatic events, I will walk you through the process. Valuing the strength of relationship and the innate capacity of the human organism to heal itself, I will teach you to notice the wisdom of your own body and to allow its full expression.
- Psychotherapy center Ineo (March 2021 – currently)
- Psychoterapeutický centrum LAVKA- psychotherapist (April 2014 – March 2021)
- Private English teacher (September 2008 – currently)
- Olika – Fund raising FZŠ Umělecká (September 2009- May2010)
- Hochtief, a.s. -Auditor lidských zdrojů (January 2009 – May 2009)
- Languages At Work, s.r.o. founding member of Czech association of language schools
- Founder, partner, CEO, ( June 1993 – December 2007)
- University and Post Graduate studies
- Postgraduate studies Gestalt Plus (February 2020- December 2022)
- Instep Institute ( September 2012– May 2018 )
- Complete educational program in Ingerative psychotherapy.
- “D” Občanské združení Liberec ( September 2014– February 2015 )
- Complete educational program in Crisis Intervention
Courses and Seminars
- Play in Therapy , Gideon Zehavi,MA, RDT/BCT (June 2019)
- Complete educational program Dream Work Ivana Veltrubská (September 2016 – May 2017)
- Neuro biologie Gestalt Therapy ( October 2017)
- Self In Relation – Peter Philippson (March 2017)
- Trauma in Biosynthesis (December 2017 )
- Ceremonies and Rituals – Jiří Drahota (October 2017 )
- Family Gestalt Therapy- Jan Knop (February 2016 )
- Psychosomatika 1 2- Majka Pečená (March and May 2016 )
- A new therapy for each patient – John Norcross ( September 2016)
- Gestalt psychotherapy and dance movement therapy ( November 2016 )
- Psychotherapy Management- Martin Jara (February 2015)
- Transaction Analysis- Pražská Vysoká Škola Psychosocialních studí (February 2014)
- Dreaming alive – Martin Jára (October 2014)
Conferences and Symposiums
- 6. Czech and 3. Slovak conference of Gestalt Psychotherapy (Apríl 2019)
- 5. Czech Conference of psychotherapy (March 2017)
- Moving Self in Psychotherapy (October 2015)
- International psychotherapy symposium (May2015)
- 4. Czech and 2.Czech and Slovak Gestalt Psychotherapy Conference (October 2014)
- 11th conference of European Association for Gestalt Therapy ( September 2013)
In the event that the client will not be able for any reason to appear at the agreed meeting, I require at least two days in advance cancellation which I am obliged to acknowledge with a reply to as you are sure I have received the cancellation. Failure to cancel 48 hours in advance the client is obliged to pay the full amount for the ordered consultation. In the event that I cancel our consultation in less time than 2 days time I provide the next consultation at the soonest date possible.
In the event that either one of the couple will not be able for any reason to appear at the agreed meeting, I require at least two days in advance cancellation which I am obliged to acknowledge with a reply to as you are sure I have received the cancellation. I do not consult individuals outside of the framework of the relationship. Failure to cancel 48 hours in advance , the couple is obliged to pay the full amount for the ordered consultation. In the event that I cancel our consultation in less time than 2 days time I provide the next consultation at the soonest date possible.
In the event the client of group psychotherapy does not participate in at least two recurring session the client is obliged to pay for the third and those following during the duration if the group, else s/he will be let go from the group.
2.000 CZK … individual therapy (50 minutes)
2.500 CZK … couples therapy
450 CZK … group therapy
go in, enter, come in, enter into, begin, commence, under take, blossom